Big Bear Valley Communities Active in Disaster (BBVCOAD) is based on a volunteer group of local Big Bear Valley organizations formed to advocate for and promote a coordinated valley-wide disaster preparedness planning initiative that aims to integrate businesses, local service organizations, nonprofits, as well as faith based organizations to improve community readiness in preparation of when a major disaster event occurs. This collaboration is involved in the planning, response, recovery and mitigation when disaster occurs.|
BBVCOAD does not provide direct services, rather it provides a network through which individual organizations can more effectively address their mission and service goals during all phases of a disaster.
Big Bear Valley COAD is a member of
San Bernardino County Volunteers Active
in Disaster (VOAD) network, which is
associated with the National VOAD Preparedness Organization (NVOAD).
You can read about San Berbardino County VOAD on Facebook
and also by visiting the San Bernardino County VOAD website.
How you and your family
Consider taking FREE disaster preparedness education classes offered by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The following links take you to the FEMA website:
can be prepared before a disaster occurs
- IS-100.b Introduction to Incident Command System, ICS-100 - (10/31/2013)
- IS-200.b ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents - (10/31/2013)
- IS-240.b Leadership and Influence - (6/16/2014)
- IS-241.b Decision Making and Problem Solving - (3/31/2014)
- IS-242.b Effective Communication - (3/31/2014)
- IS-244.b Developing and Managing Volunteers - (3/29/2013)
- IS-288.a Role of Voluntary Organizations in Emergency Management - (2/12/2015)
- IS-505&nbs;   Religious and Cultural Literacy and Competency in Disaster - (3/4/2016)
- IS-662   Improving Preparedness and Resilience through Public-Private Partnership-(10/31/2013)
- IS-700.a National Incident Management System (NIMS) Introduction - (10/31/2013)
- IS-800.b National Response Framework, An Introduction - (10/31/2013)
Inquiries - Email Contact Big Bear Valley COAD